dimanche 2 décembre 2007

60 days later

Hello all,
I do not have much to say in this post since I have not yet fully seen all the aspects of Luang Prabang - I am going on a 2 day trek tomorrow and will sleep in a Hmong village (yes, some of them are at war with the Laos Government, but not in this region).
This very quiet Sunday also marks the middle of my trip in Southeast Asia. I would like to stress that I still shave (every two weeks) and wash (every...hum, forget it), although I completely lost any notion of time - how can it be December already? In fact, I noticed that the only repetitive thing is to take my Lariam pill every Tuesday. Lariam has become a personal calendar. Loosing the notion of time is really a fantastic feeling and enormously differ from my previous job - my former colleagues will now what I mean.
My time in former Indochina was simply fantastic, and needless to say I had (one of) the best time(s) of my life there. I am heading to Chang Mai in 3 days, and will subsequently spend my remaining two months in Thailand and Malaysia. This should also marks my entry to a more civilised and touristic world, where hospitals are top-class and backpackers everywhere. I am eager to go to Thailand, a truly fantastic country - it will be the third time in my life - but a bit worried that McDonald might be all over the place, and backpacking turned into a "smoke and drink" culture for the younger crowd (on this and backpackers in general, The Beach is a must-read). Future will tell.
Just a few words on the blog, which is doing very well. I really appreciate all the comments posted - I really do.
In terms of visits we recorded about 1,150 visits since the beginning of my trip in October - this is very good since I did not advertised my blog on public spaces. Looking it by country, main visits come unsurprisingly from France (558) and Belgium (297), followed by Spain, the UK and the US. I also have visits from Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines, India and Nepal, which shows that some people I met during the trip actually go to my blog (wouhou). Special thanks and big up to the person who connected from Armenia!
I understood Christmas is starting in Europe (commercially I mean). Mind you, it is winter here too, and all the Lao people are wearing some scarfs (15 degrees at night as Luang Prabang is in the mountain).
Hope all is well for you and whist I certainly do not look forward to be back at this point, I do look forward to see you next year.

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Since it's more than a month we came back to Barcelona, follow your trip in the web is as a part of us was still travelling.

Go on with your web, we enjoy it very much as you let us dreaming like being there, and working becomes less hard.

Cesar i Ana

Anonyme a dit…

Manu, j'ai un truc pour toi pour noel...

http://www.winningmoves.fr/catalogue/TriviaPursuit/Default.aspx?t=3&id=199&sid=4804&ssid=4829

sinon la connexion d'arménie je sais pas mais je soupconne tom... :-)

Pierre

Anonyme a dit…

Spain is following your trip with great interest, Manu. Keep up with the blog, it is a real delight to read you.

Luve, Do.

Tom a dit…

T'emballes pas Manu, la connexion de l'Arménie c'était moi

grande nouvelle, tu auras bientot une visite de Mongolie ^^

tom

Anonyme a dit…

Always a pleasure to read your blob, Manolo !

Take care of you for the rest of your trip !

L&F
Mouss

Anonyme a dit…

LOL pour l'Arménie!

Manu a dit…

En vrac:
Pierre => Merci pour le cadeau mais je pense attendre qu'il soit solde, ce qui devrait arriver vite vu les resultats du PSG.
Tom => ouaip, je me doutais un peu pour l'Armenie, big up quand meme et balance du recit sur la Mongolie
Spanish community => thanks for your kind message. Laos was simply a fantastic country to travel to, much more authentic than any other in Southeast Asia.

Anonyme a dit…

Je vais ajouter le Chili à ta liste! Mais c'est la dernière fois car je rentre demain en France, définitivement cette fois...

Dommage qu'on se soit raté de peu au Vietnam, ça aurait été assez drôle de se croiser par hasard à Sapa!

A bientôt j'espère pour un récit en live.

Bises

Raphaelle

Anonyme a dit…

Hi I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
Just thought this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/snow-white-party-supplies.html]snow white Party Supplies[/url].